Staff Spotlight... Getting to know Amy O'Malley

June 19, 2016

Many of you know Amy, one of our fearless directors, and if you haven't met her personally, surely you've seen her around during her TWELVE years at Good Beginnings! She gives tirelessly to the clinic with boundless energy... Here are a few things you might NOT know about her!

  1. Where'd you grow up?  Chicago
  2. And you're an alumni of...?  Midwestern University and University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign (I-L-L...!)
  3. When you're not practicing PT, what are you doing?  I'm in school!  For my DPT via University of Montana.  Also, running, reading for fun, spending time with friends and family, participating in Rotary, and going to Africa to teach at St. Joseph's. 
  4. If you weren't a therapist, what would you be doing?  Running an animal rehabilitation sanctuary 
  5. When did you know you wanted to be a physical therapist?  I always wanted to be a clinician but I grew up only knowing of doctors and nurses, knowing each was not right for me.  I learned of PT when I was 15 while watching an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie and it was over from there!
  6. What's the worst job you've ever had? I was a CNA in a nursing home.  The only job I ever quit without notice!
  7.  Something your best friend would tell us that we don’t know about you…From Heather, my best friend: Your favorite meal is a snack. You always need to read before bed. You are very particular about tuna fish salad and macaroni and cheese. You used to love a midori melon ball.
  8. Top 3 Highlights of your life Passing my PT Boards, my first half marathon, and my first PT volunteer teaching trip to Haiti
  9. Pet Peeves poor driving skills (seriously, use your directional!) [Editor's note: Amy also randomly uses British speak.]
  10. Best Vacation my first trip to Red Mountain Spa (St. George, UT) with my best friend Heather.  Working out 3x/day, gourmet, extremely healthy food, hiking in the mountains, relaxation and spa treatments for 5 days!  And they give you a robe to walk around in all the time.  Just heavenly. =)
  11. Greatest challenge you’ve overcome Moving away from my hometown to a new and different region of the country (from urban city to rural TN)  all by myself when I was 28.  Hardest thing I’ve ever done, but the most liberating and freeing
  12. The last book you read is…sci fi all the time.  
  13. Favorite musician/band/music I never know new music due to my short commute and love of tv at home.  Big fan of R & B, but truly love everything.
  14.   Favorite movies Star Wars, When Harry Met Sally, The Matrix
  15. Describe your worst haircut The Nancy McKeon mullet in late elementary school, or the asymmetrical Dorothy Hammill my mother gave me just before 1st grade picture day
  16. What’s your favorite season Fall
  17. If you could eat any food, as much as you wanted, without repercussions it would be CHEESE!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe