Staff Spotlight: Getting to know Fern Barry!

August 15, 2016

     Meet another one of our fearless leaders, Fern Barry!  Fern joined our Good Beginnings staff years ago, moved away, but couldn't get enough of us and re-joined our staff five years ago.  Perhaps you've seen her around?  Maybe she's evaluated your child or you've joined her for parent meeting, but did you know THIS??





1. Hometown: Plainview, New York

2. Alumni of... Boston University

3. When you’re not practicing OT/PT, you are...spending time with my family, teaching Body Pump and volunteering at my son’s nursery school

4.  When/how did you know you want to be a therapist? One of my friends had a project where she had to pick a career for herself.  She called me and said, I know what you’re meant to be… an OT. We were 16, wise friend!

5.  Worst/weirdest job experience you’ve ever had…I was babysitting and a cat attacked me.  Enough said!

6.  Top 3 Highlights of your life: marrying David, visiting Paris, and becoming a mother to Asher and Emmett (does that count twice?)

7. Pet Peeves: When my water is not refilled at a restaurant (so high maintenance, right?)

8. Best Vacation: Staying in a bed and breakfast in upstate NY away from the world and hiking the Appalachian Trail.
       
     9. Greatest challenge you’ve overcome: Completing the Three Day Breast Cancer Walk in 95 degrees with heat exhaustion.

10. Weirdest thing in your purse right now: I don’t even need to check…I’m sure there’s a Lego in there!

11. The last book you read is…Elie Weisel’s Night

12. Favorite movies: Love Actually, Chicago

13. Describe your worst haircut: Pixie cut (What was I thinking??)

14. Favorite season: Spring

15. If you could eat any food, as much as you wanted, without repercussions it would be... Dark chocolate anything!

Say hi to Fern if you see her around!  (And maybe sneak her some dark chocolate.)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe