Staff Spotlight: Getting to Know Meg Knapick

September 22, 2017

Meet Meg, one of our fabulous PTs here at Good Beginnings, and the latest highlight of our Staff Spotlight! Here are a few things you might not know about her...


Hometown: Schenectady NY

Alumni of… Franciscan University and George Washington University

When you’re not practicing PT, you are… Running (either after my 18 month old or for fun), seeing the world, hiking, cooking, photographing our family adventures

If I weren’t a therapist, I would be… a foreign missionary, or so my college self says. Really though? A biomechanical engineer or somehow involved in shaping healthcare policy.

When/how did you know you want to be a therapist? When I was in middle school I went to PT, I thought it was awesome then and now!

Worst/weirdest job experience you’ve ever had… in high school I worked at the photo lab at CVS, the chemicals are gross and you’d be surprised at the photos people want in print.

Top 3 Highlights of your life: 1. Getting Married, 2. Passing the boards, 3. Having our baby - she's amazing BTW

Pet Peeves: Chewing and mouth noises, hands down, forever.

Best Vacation: I love vacation, but probably our Europe road trip - we covered Germany, Austria, Italy, France. Or Santorini.

Weirdest thing in your purse right now... stickers, a graham cracker, and a package of boogie wipes

The last book you read is… I'm reading a Man Called Ove right now. My last completed book? Duck and Goose find a Pumpkin.

Favorite musician/band/music: Dispatch, Ed Sheeran, Broadway favs

Favorite movies: the real answer? My Big Fat Greek Wedding - I laugh to tears every.time.

Your most overused words/phrases: “I don’t think so” in a sing songy voice that you may say to a toddler trying to climb or pull down everything heavy or dangerous on top of her.

Describe your worst haircut: ugh. 7th grade, my hair is super curly so I’ve had more bad than good haircuts but that one I can only describe as dog ears, a horrible layered disaster.

Pick 3 words to describe yourself at 13: Awkward, Awkward, Awkward (they don’t have to be different right?)

What’s your favorite season: Fall hands down, I’ll take the pumpkin everything, apple everything, cinnamon everything, chilly nights, cozy blankets, colorful trees, crisp air. (#basic, I know.)

Any advice to future therapists? It's ok if the first job you have isn't your perfect job, take your time to find your place in the PT world.

If you could eat any food, as much as you wanted, without repercussions it would be…. Ice Cream but the only thing crunchy in ice cream should be chocolate. Or District Taco.

Favorite place you’ve lived: The Kartause in Gaming, Austria

Any Hidden Talents? Irish Step Dancing

One thing you just can’t make yourself get rid of… an old pair of high school gym shorts -- they are just so comfortable.

Sport you would get picked last for... Volleyball, I'm short and this girl can't jump.

That concludes the September edition of Staff Spotlight-- thanks Meg!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe