Staff Spotlight: Meet Haley O'Connor-Conde!

March 28, 2017

Meet Haley- our superstar OT who has been with us for about a year!  She was last month's Employee of the Month, and she is easily the happiest face in our office. Here are 20-something things you might not know about her...

1. Hometown: I grew up in both DePere, WI and Louisville, CO
2. Alumni of... College of the Holy Cross for undergraduate and Tufts for graduate school
3. When you’re not practicing OT/PT, you are: Running, reading or exploring Alexandria or D.C.
4. If I weren’t a therapist, I would be a teacher
5. When/how did you know you want to be a therapist? The first time I met an OT, I met her with one of her clients. Her client was rock climbing. Prior to working with this OT, her client would run away, hit and scream. Oh, and did I mention that this client was also afraid of heights? I couldn’t believe that a profession could have such a positive impact on someone’s life. I was hooked.
6. Worst/weirdest job experience you’ve ever had: I worked at a YMCA summer camp in high school… situated in a hot parking lot with minimal shade. It was not the best experience…
7. Something your best friend would tell us that we don’t know about you: I really don’t like ice cream. The last time I ate it was 20+ years ago
8. Top 3 Highlights of your life: 1. Getting married to my husband, David 2. Visiting Rome 3. Spending Holidays with family
9. Pet Peeves: When my hair doesn’t cooperate… which is always.
10. Best Vacation Spot: Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
11. Greatest challenge you’ve overcome: Moving in the 8th grade across country. At the time it seemed like the biggest thing in the world, but it gave me perspective on how change can be difficult for people. Even the smallest changes may feel big to others.
12. Weirdest thing in your purse right now: Receipts from over a year ago.
13. The last book you read isGone Girl by Gillian Flynn
14. Favorite musician/band/music: Ed Sheeran, Luke Bryan and Taylor Swift of course!
15. Favorite movies: The Sound of Music and ZoolanderBoth movies are entirely different, but equally wonderful.
16. Your most overused words/phrases: “Love it!”
17. Describe your worst haircut: I hate haircuts. I always try to avoid cutting my hair trying to “grow it out”. Sadly, my hair does not grow.
18. Pick 3 words to describe yourself at 13: Fun- loving, book- loving, friend- loving
19. What’s your favorite season: SUMMER!
20. Any advice to future therapists? All kids have something to say if you give them a chance/ mode of expressing themselves.
21. If you could eat any food, as much as you wanted, without repercussions it would be? Chocolate, hands down.
22. Favorite place you’ve lived: This is a hard one… I love Virginia, but I also loved Boston, MA
23. Any Hidden Talents? I used to be in musicals when I was younger. In fact, I was in my town’s production of Jesus Christ, Superstar by Andrew Lloyd Webber. I was evil priest number 3, and had a short solo (sorry to brag).
24. One thing you just can’t make yourself get rid of: Coupons. My husband has to secretly throw them away when I am gone.
25. Sport you would get picked last for: Wrestling?
26. Your role model as a kid? My parents. They still are today!

Say hi in the waiting room-- maybe she'll sing you some show tunes. ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe