Staff Spotlight: 20(ish) Questions with Jimmy McKay

January 31, 2017

Staff Spotlight

Many of you might have gotten whiplash recently after you saw our newest therapist walk through our waiting room door recently!  It's true, Good Beginnings is no longer all-female! Jimmy joined our staff in December, transitioning to pediatrics from the world of sports and orthopedics physical therapy.  Enjoy these 20-ish questions to learn more about our newest physical therapist, former DJ, and almost-parajumper...

{Recognize this guy?}
  1. Hometown: Bronx NY
  2. Alumni of… Undergrad Degree in Journalism / Mass Communications @ St. Bonaventure University and DPT from Marymount University
  3. When you’re not practicing OT/PT, you are… Busy!  I’m a Triathlete and have completed more than 50 triathlons.  Marathon runner and former coach of Team in Training Marathon Team for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  I run 1 and soon to be 2 podcasts (one about Physical Therapy and one about Psychology & Movie Characters)  and I’m a summer swim coach for the Holy Mackerels in Arlington VA.  I also skydive, mountain climb & scuba dive for fun!
  4. If you weren’t a therapist, you would be… Well, I said if I didn’t get into PT school I was going to try and be a Coast Guard Rescue Swimmer or an Air Force Parajumper.
  5. When/how did you know you want to be a therapist? I was running a rock radio station in North East PA and started training for my first Ironman Triathlon.  I was looking for a life change and it came in the form of the guys that I was cycling with, they were all PTs.  Their stories about their jobs made me leave radio and find PT.
  6. Worst/weirdest job experience you’ve ever had… I was an intern for the Howard Stern show while still in college.  Fill in the blanks yourself on that one…
  7. Something your best friend would tell us that we don’t know about you…  I have 2 uvulas. Wanna see?
  8. Top 3 Highlights of your life.  Getting to run my own radio station. Graduating from PT school and the third hasn’t happened yet, but i’ll let you know when it does.
  9. Pet Peeves: Bad Driving, Bad Spelling, Bad Breath.
  10. Best Vacation: Backpacking across Costa Rica. Pura Vida!
  11. The last book you read is… Butterfly and the Diving Bell, written by a guy with his eyes, because he was completely paralyzed. Crazy, right?
  12. Favorite musician/band/music: Foo Fighters, Dave Matthews Band and AC/DC.
  13. Favorite movies: Shawshank Redemption - Boondock Saints - Star Wars (all of them).
  14. Your most overused words/phrases: I’m trying not to use them...
  15. Describe your worst haircut: I was cutting my own, took the guard off of the clippers to clean it.  Started cutting again, noticed the guard sitting on the countertop… took a little too much off that day.
  16. Pick 3 words to describe yourself at 13... Awkward, Goofy and Weird.  Also words I use to describe myself now.
  17. What’s your favorite season: Summer, the hotter the better.
  18. Any advice to future therapists?  I Don’t Know is the most honest answer to a question.  And the response that will get you the most knowledge from.
  19. If you could eat any food, as much as you wanted, without repercussions it would be…._Pizza… period.
  20. Any Hidden Talents?  I don't even have any non-hidden talents.
  21. One thing you just can’t make yourself get rid of… Old T-Shirts with funny (to me) sayings on them.
  22. Sport you would get picked last for: Bowling...seriously, I’m terrible.
  23. Your role model as a kid? My Parents.
Please say hi to Jimmy and give him a warm welcome if you see him around the office!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe