Staff Spotlight....Getting to Know Jordan Tillman!

October 05, 2016

We are so excited to feature Jordan Tillman in this month's Staff Spotlight!  Jordan is a new face at Good Beginnings and has jumped right in with creative OT sessions and fresh ideas for our team.  Read on to learn more about this country music-loving, amphibian-saving, donut-connoisseur!

Jordan (left) checking out her favorite donuts in Nashville, Tennessee!

Hometown: Vienna, VA

Alumni of...Tulane University with a degree in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, and The Medical University of South Carolina with a Master of Science in OT

When I’m not practicing OT...I’m probably keeping up with food blogs and making a list of all the restaurants I want to try. As soon as I cross one off, I add three more. You can also probably find me spending far too much time in Target.

If I weren’t a therapist...I would probably be a large animal vet. It’s what I originally went to school for, but soon found that I loved working with two legged friends more.

I knew I wanted to be a therapist when...I began working in therapeutic horseback riding. I met so many wonderful therapists, and knew that through OT I could combine my two favorite things, working with children and animals.

The weirdest job I’ve ever had…well, in college I had a few weird ones. I ran the Amazonian exhibit at the New Orleans aquarium, and I worked in a lab that was investigating a destructive fungus that’s hurting the world’s amphibian populations.

The best vacation I have ever been on was...just a short month ago! I went to Italy with family friends and my boyfriend (now fiancé). He proposed in Assisi, and then we ate lots of pasta.

The weirdest thing in my purse is... probably my fiancé’s sunglasses. While it may not sound that weird, I only carry them around because he perpetually loses them. So he buys cheap sunglasses in bulk on Amazon, and then I always carry a pair in my purse for when he inevitably leaves them on the restaurant table.

The last book I read was When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi. If you haven’t read it yet, you should. (But warning, it will absolutely start the waterworks.) I’m also constantly re-reading the Harry Potter series. I’ll never get enough.

My favorite music... My parents are both from Tennessee, so I grew up listening to country music, and it’s still what I listen to on the radio. My favorite bands have a little more folk/bluegrass influence-- Lord Huron, Jamestown Revival, and Mumford and Sons.

My favorite movie is...To Kill a Mockingbird, and it’s probably my favorite book. I had a cat in college named Boo Radley.

My favorite season is...fall, but more specifically the time between Halloween and Christmas. I love all the time I get to spend with my family, and all of the traditions we’ve made over the years.

If I could eat any food, as much as I wanted, without repercussions it would be pizza because I could eat it for every meal of the day, hot or cold. But I would also gladly eat the bread pudding soufflé from Commander’s Palace in New Orleans every day for the rest of my life.

Be sure to say hi and welcome to Jordan next time you see her around the office!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe