Staff Spotlight: Getting to Know Kelsey Kinnare!

January 30, 2018

Happy January-- meet our latest victim of the staff spotlight, our fabulous OT Kelsey Kinnare!




Hometown: Madison, CT

Alumni of... Duquesne University

When you’re not practicing OT, you are… visiting friends, family, planning trips, and adding to or crossing things off of my bucket list!! You only live once!!!

If I weren’t a therapist, I would be… a marine biologist- I have a love for the ocean and sea animals.

When/how did you know you want to be a therapist? My mom is an executive director of a non-profit which supports and advocates for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (she’s awesome!!!) so I always grew up volunteering and helping others for as long as I can remember! OT was the perfect combination of just that combined with a health science background.

Worst/weirdest job experience you’ve ever had… In college I worked at “The Milkshake Factory” a gourmet ice cream and chocolate shop. Hurling 5 gallons of milk into a dispenser and scooping rock solid ice cream was a harder challenge than I thought.

Pet Peeves: Slow walkers!!!!!!!

Best Vacation: A Caribbean cruise we went on with my entire mom’s side of the family. My grandma has another mandatory trip planned to Key West this May that I’m also excited for!

Weirdest thing in your purse right now... Hmmm I’m pretty basic – a planner, chapstick, my wallet, and my keys. I can’t stand cluttered purses or fumbling around for things.

The last book you read is… Yikes, no idea – not much of a reader.

Favorite musician/band/music: Matchbox Twenty, Billy Joel, Ed Sheeran, I also love almost any and all country music (Kenny Chesney, Thomas Rhett, Brett Eldridge, Luke Bryan, Zac Brown Band, etc).


Favorite movies: Oceans 11 – I am a big George Clooney fan.

Your most overused words/phrases: “I don’t know” - hence my response to this question.

Pick 3 words to describe yourself at 13: I don’t even really remember 13 but probably just annoying.

What’s your favorite season: It’s a tie between Fall and Summer!

If you could eat any food, as much as you wanted, without repercussions it would be… Macaroni and Cheese (homemade) or buffalo chicken nachos.

Favorite place you’ve lived: My hometown - Madison, CT – visit in the summer or Fall!

Any Hidden Talents?  I can juggle.

One thing you just can’t make yourself get rid of… So many old t-shirts, and I hoard cards. I have several shoe boxes filled with cards people have sent me (Christmas, birthday, Easter, Halloween, graduation, St. Patrick’s day, Valentine’s Day, you name it!!).

Sport you would get picked last for... Ballet, gymnastics, any kind of dance.

Role model as a kid? Mia Hamm-- US Women's Soccer player.
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe